Skip to main content

Think God can't use you? Take a look at THIS.

I'm a total expert at dwelling on my insecurities. I'm the Chief Wallower in how I'm not 'deep' enough for God,  how I'm not the perfect Friend Indeed to pretty much everyone in my circle, or why I'm still struggling with certain things after walking with God for a while - and then, I wallow some more about WHY I'm SUCH a WALLOWER.

Yo. My head is bu-sy. (Which isn't great; hence why I've been reading Joyce Meyer's Battlefield of the Mind for the last - what? - six months? Anyway.)

The fact that I can't seem to get past everything that is so wrong with me, and why I'm so wrong for this Christian life, really doesn't allow me to see how God used the most flawed people to achieve... pretty much anything He wanted to. 

I got a wakeup call yesterday morning when I saw a poster, with this written on it:

Do you seriously think God can't use you?

Noah was a drunk
Abraham was too old
Isaac was a daydreamer
Jacob was a liar
Leah was ugly (Ouch)
Joseph was abused
Moses had a stuttering problem
Gideon was afraid
Samson had long hair and was a womaniser
Rahab was a prostitute
Jeremiah and Timothy were too young
David had an affair and was a murderer
Elijah was suicidal
Isaiah preached naked
Jonah ran from God
Naomi was a widow
Job went bankrupt
PETER DENIED CHRIST (We could just stop right here.)
The Disciples fell asleep while praying
Martha worried about everything
Zaccheus was too small
Paul was too religious
Timothy had an ulcer

(And my personal favourite...)

LAZARUS WAS DEAD.

What was that you said again about you being too imperfect for God? 



Kunmi x

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Simple, Practical Solution To Reading More of Your Bible

At the beginning of the year, I decided I wanted to read the entire Bible - for the second time - in a year. (I also started using these amazing reading plans on my even more amazing Bible app, YouVersion. It's awesome; check it out! )  My aim is to get more of God's word into my head, mind and heart, and as a result, get to know Him better, as... "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was  God." (John 1:1) Simple, yeah? If God and His Word are one, then by getting to know one more, I get to know the other, right? But to achieve my goal, I obviously had to carve out more time to read God's Word.  Now, truth be told, I often find reading the Bible a little bit tedious (I'll have you know God appreciates my honesty), ESPECIALLY when it gets to certain, not-so-Jesus-loves-you-you-can-do-no-wrong-everything-is-all-GOOD chapters like Numbers, Leviticus and a few others (let's cut them some slack, shall we?). But I rea...

Why You Should Stop Searching For Your Purpose

In the last few months, I'd been struggling with feelings of unfulfillment, direction and purpose. Although I have three jobs, a business and a good relationship with God (at the moment LOL), I felt like something was missing and I was just wasting away - every day.  Was I just waking up, working, cooking, cleaning, sleeping and doing it all over again the next day? Was there something I should have been doing that I wasn't? Was the more God wanted of me? Was I just coasting through life? As usual, I took it to God and I trusted He would show/tell me exactly what I needed to know in this season of my life, and I'm so glad He did. On my (motivational) radio programme, the Holy Spirit prompted me to talk about finding your calling and purpose in life, and in doing research for the show, I stumbled upon a few powerful thoughts that really challenged the way I thought about God-given purpose. Is it really what we think it is? Have we complicated this matter of 'findin...

Why God's Grand Plan Has Nothing To (Actually) Do With Us

A few weeks ago, I stumbled on this massively eye-opening reading in my YouVersion plan. "T he main focus of God’s plan is God, not us," the author said - to which I was like: Say what? What do you mean  everything God planned, did or will do wasn't about me? But didn't He come to die for me ?  My natural, self-absorbed self just couldn't grasp it. "My thoughts are nothing like your thoughts," says the Lord. "And my ways are far beyond what you could imagine." (Isaiah 55:8, NLT) This reading below testifies to that completely. We often get lost in ourselves and (if we're being completely honest), our belief that God's plans should revolve around us and our comfort. Hence, why, like I said, this reading was a massive eye-opener: God had all His plans in place when He created us. He knew exactly how much everything was going to cost, knew exactly what His ultimate goal was, and knew how everything was going to turn out...