Skip to main content

5 Lessons I've Learnt in My Walk With God (IV) | My Role as an Ambassador of Jesus Christ

This is a tough one. Becoming like Jesus is a life-long, continuous process. It requires being broken, submission, perseverance, pain, dedication and so much more. It's so easy to want to categorise things into: "my church life", "my work life", "my school life", "my social life", but what God really wants is for your WHOLE life to be open to Him. 

Jesus wasn't one way when He was with the disciples and another when He was with the multitude; He was the same, all day, every day. This is what we, as His followers, should strive for - wherever we are, whomever we're with, and whatever we're doing. 

We are called to live a life of ambassadorship. The dictionary defines an ambassador as "an accredited diplomat sent by a state as it's permanent representative in a foreign country". 


*I would just like to pause at this point and pick apart a few of the words/phrases* 

'Accredited':  We have been given authority and approval to act on behalf of the Kingdom of God. You have the power!

'Diplomat': "One who uses skill and tact in dealing with others." We have been instructed to share the gospel, not shout it, argue it or try and shove it down people's throats. 

'Permanent representative': Essentially, it shouldn't be about when you feel like acting like Jesus. If we went according to that principle, we would only represent Him maybe twice a week. We should constantly reflect Christ. Treat people not the way they deserve to be treated, but the way Christ would treat them. 

'Foreign country': We are IN this world but not OF the world. Remember: The Earth is not our home, we have merely been sent by God to do His will for a period of time. Our home is in Heaven.


Living like Jesus is not easy; even HE acknowledged that, and faced His own fair share of struggles. Before Jesus was arrested, beaten and crucified...

"He withdrew about a stone’s throw beyond them, knelt down and prayed, "Father, if you are willing, take this cup from me; yet not my will, but yours be done"... And being in anguish, he prayed more earnestly, and his sweat was like drops of blood falling to the ground." (Luke 22: 41 - 44)

But you know who was there to help Him? His Father, God. It's the same way He'll always be there to help you through this life-long journey, and pick you up when (not if - sorry) you fall! Your awesome, ever-faithful, totally-crazy-about-you Father in Heaven just wants you to ask.


Kunmi x


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Simple, Practical Solution To Reading More of Your Bible

At the beginning of the year, I decided I wanted to read the entire Bible - for the second time - in a year. (I also started using these amazing reading plans on my even more amazing Bible app, YouVersion. It's awesome; check it out! )  My aim is to get more of God's word into my head, mind and heart, and as a result, get to know Him better, as... "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was  God." (John 1:1) Simple, yeah? If God and His Word are one, then by getting to know one more, I get to know the other, right? But to achieve my goal, I obviously had to carve out more time to read God's Word.  Now, truth be told, I often find reading the Bible a little bit tedious (I'll have you know God appreciates my honesty), ESPECIALLY when it gets to certain, not-so-Jesus-loves-you-you-can-do-no-wrong-everything-is-all-GOOD chapters like Numbers, Leviticus and a few others (let's cut them some slack, shall we?). But I rea...

Why God's Grand Plan Has Nothing To (Actually) Do With Us

A few weeks ago, I stumbled on this massively eye-opening reading in my YouVersion plan. "T he main focus of God’s plan is God, not us," the author said - to which I was like: Say what? What do you mean  everything God planned, did or will do wasn't about me? But didn't He come to die for me ?  My natural, self-absorbed self just couldn't grasp it. "My thoughts are nothing like your thoughts," says the Lord. "And my ways are far beyond what you could imagine." (Isaiah 55:8, NLT) This reading below testifies to that completely. We often get lost in ourselves and (if we're being completely honest), our belief that God's plans should revolve around us and our comfort. Hence, why, like I said, this reading was a massive eye-opener: God had all His plans in place when He created us. He knew exactly how much everything was going to cost, knew exactly what His ultimate goal was, and knew how everything was going to turn out...

Why You Should Stop Searching For Your Purpose

In the last few months, I'd been struggling with feelings of unfulfillment, direction and purpose. Although I have three jobs, a business and a good relationship with God (at the moment LOL), I felt like something was missing and I was just wasting away - every day.  Was I just waking up, working, cooking, cleaning, sleeping and doing it all over again the next day? Was there something I should have been doing that I wasn't? Was the more God wanted of me? Was I just coasting through life? As usual, I took it to God and I trusted He would show/tell me exactly what I needed to know in this season of my life, and I'm so glad He did. On my (motivational) radio programme, the Holy Spirit prompted me to talk about finding your calling and purpose in life, and in doing research for the show, I stumbled upon a few powerful thoughts that really challenged the way I thought about God-given purpose. Is it really what we think it is? Have we complicated this matter of 'findin...